SOA Election Results 2023
During the recent Annual Meeting at the Dayton Metro Library new council members were elected.
SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, President (2023-2024)
- Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University, Vice President/President-Elect (2023-2024)
- Shelby Beatty, Sinclair Community College, Secretary (2023-2025)
- Kristen Newby, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Council Member (2023-2025)
A big thanks to the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, transitions from Vice President/President-Elect to President. Thanks to Melissa for her continued leadership.
- Amy Rohmiller, Kettering Health Dayton, transitions from President to Past-President. Thanks to Amy for her work as President.
- Jen Johnson stepped down as Secretary in March 2023. Thank you to Jen for her work as Secretary. Shelby Beatty was appointed to complete Jen’s term from March – May 2023.
- Sasha Kim, Denison University, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Thanks to Sasha for her work on Council.
- Advocacy and Outreach Committee: Welcomes Jim McKinnon, University of Dayton, as co-chair
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee: Welcomes Nicole Sutton, Columbus Metropolitan Library & Penelope Shumaker, State Library as co-chairs
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Welcomes Jane Wildermuth, Wright State University, as co-chair
- Educational Planning Committee: Welcomes Sara Mouch, University of Toledo, as co-
- Membership & Awards Committee: Welcomes Helen Conger, Case Western Reserve University, as co-chair.
Thanks to outgoing co-chairs: Matt Francis & Adam Wanter (Educational Programming Committee); Devhra BennettJones (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee); Janet Carleton (Marketing and Communications Committee); and Stephanie Shreffler (Membership and Awards Committee).
Registration is now open for the 2023 Annual Meeting: Forward Together: Community Partnerships and Public Service!
This May, the Society of Ohio Archivists Annual Meeting will be traveling to Dayton, Ohio! You are invited to join us on Thursday, May 11 for virtual sessions, and on Friday, May 12 at the Dayton Metro Library Main in downtown Dayton, Ohio, for a full day of in-person presentations, networking, and exciting featured speakers.
This May the Society of Ohio Archivists will return in person together for our annual meeting! You are invited to join us on Friday, May 20 from 9am-4pm at the beautiful Columbus Metropolitan Main Library in downtown Columbus, Ohio for a full day of presentations, networking, and an exciting plenary speaker. The theme of this year’s meeting is Archives & Sustainability.
The Annual Meeting is being held as an in-person only event. For those unable to attend the in-person meeting, some content such as speaker slides will be made available following the meeting. It will not be recorded. We will be offering a virtual workshop in the fall of 2022 for those interested in online programming. Stay tuned for more information on the workshop later this summer. Continue reading
The Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach Committee is hosting a virtual informal “Meet-Up” on Wednesday, June 9, 2001 at 3pm (Eastern), via Zoom.
This will be a fun opportunity for Ohio archivists to get together, following the virtual SOA Annual Meeting on June 7-8. There will be trivia and an opportunity to share and chat with fellow archivists.
Registration is required to receive the meeting link. Please email Connie Conner to register.
We hope you can join!
Register now to join your colleagues (virtually) at the Society of Ohio Archivists 2021 Annual Meeting: Archives in an Era of Change, Monday June 7 & Tuesday June 8.
Two days of sessions on current topics, a virtual archives crawl, awards ceremony, annual business meeting, and a thoughtful plenary (all via Zoom). Plus registration is FREE for members!*
Annual Meeting 2021 registration fees are now set, and once again the meeting will be FREE for all SOA members.*
So please join us for Archives in an Era of Change on June 7 & 8 (through Zoom) for two days of outstanding sessions!
Speaking of sessions, we are still accepting proposals through Friday April 16.
And there’s still time to apply for Student and New Professionals Scholarships, due Wednesday April 21.
*If not currently a member, you will have the opportunity to join SOA through the online meeting registration form by choosing that option within the Registration Type menu. And membership fees are just $5 (student) or $15 (individual).
The SOA Advocacy and Outreach Committee is hosting a virtual informal Meet-Up on Wednesday, March 3 at 3pm via Zoom as an opportunity for Ohio Archivists to get together. As we approach the one-year mark since the world began to shut down due to COVID-19, the Committee thought this would be a good time to have a brief afternoon get together to chat with each other. Please join to chat with fellow archivists!
Topic: Society of Ohio Archivists Virtual “Meet Up”
Time: March 3, 2021, 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register here for the Zoom meeting; registration open through meeting time.
We hope you can join!
We now have a date for this year’s virtual annual meeting, June 7-8, 2021! Please mark this on your calendars and watch for a future Call For Proposals!
The Educational Programming Committee is also looking for SOA members to serve on the committee for planning meetings.
Join the Society of Ohio Archivists and the Ohio Local History Association for our virtual joint fall meeting: History is Happening Now, October 1-3, 2020.
This is OLHA’s annual meeting with the addition of a SOA track on Thursday & Friday, serving as SOA’s fall conference. Come for SOA’s sessions or come for the entire conference!
This year, registration covers the full conference including the keynote, “The Urgency of Now: Taking Risks to Serve Your Community” with Melanie Adams, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
Register online through September 25 extended through Wednesday September 30! or download a form to print and mail.
Fees: Member (SOA/OLHA) $40; Nonmember $50; Student/Unemployed/Furloughed $20.
All sessions will be virtual and held using the Zoom meeting and webinar platform. See the Annual Meeting page for schedule and more!