SOA Election Results 2023
During the recent Annual Meeting at the Dayton Metro Library new council members were elected.
SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, President (2023-2024)
- Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University, Vice President/President-Elect (2023-2024)
- Shelby Beatty, Sinclair Community College, Secretary (2023-2025)
- Kristen Newby, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Council Member (2023-2025)
A big thanks to the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, transitions from Vice President/President-Elect to President. Thanks to Melissa for her continued leadership.
- Amy Rohmiller, Kettering Health Dayton, transitions from President to Past-President. Thanks to Amy for her work as President.
- Jen Johnson stepped down as Secretary in March 2023. Thank you to Jen for her work as Secretary. Shelby Beatty was appointed to complete Jen’s term from March – May 2023.
- Sasha Kim, Denison University, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Thanks to Sasha for her work on Council.
- Advocacy and Outreach Committee: Welcomes Jim McKinnon, University of Dayton, as co-chair
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee: Welcomes Nicole Sutton, Columbus Metropolitan Library & Penelope Shumaker, State Library as co-chairs
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Welcomes Jane Wildermuth, Wright State University, as co-chair
- Educational Planning Committee: Welcomes Sara Mouch, University of Toledo, as co-
- Membership & Awards Committee: Welcomes Helen Conger, Case Western Reserve University, as co-chair.
Thanks to outgoing co-chairs: Matt Francis & Adam Wanter (Educational Programming Committee); Devhra BennettJones (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee); Janet Carleton (Marketing and Communications Committee); and Stephanie Shreffler (Membership and Awards Committee).
Save the Date for the Ohio Archives Month Poster Unveiling!
On Thursday, September 7 at 3pm, the Advocacy and Outreach Committee will also host an unveiling event online (through Zoom). Mark your calendars and please join us!
The top 10 photographs selected by you (SOA membership) can be viewed on the SOA blog: https://ohioarchivists.org/2023-archives-month-poster-results/. Congrats to The University of Akron Archives and Special Collections for having the top images and thanks to everyone that submitted. We could not create the poster without your help.
These 10 photographs are sent to the designer for consideration in the final poster design. Posters will be mailed to SOA members by the end of September.
Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach Committee
Questions? Contact the committee at [email protected].