2021 Annual Meeting: Archives in an Era of Change – June 7–8 (Virtual)
SOA has moved its annual conference online! Join us Monday, June 7–Tuesday, June 8, 2021, for our virtual conference, Archives in an Era of Change.
Follow the conversation online with the meeting’s hashtag #soaam21
Annual Meeting Call for Session Proposals
The Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2021 will be meeting virtually this June thanks to technical support from the Ohio History Connection. This year we welcome proposals that explore the theme, “Archives in an Era of Change.”
We are asking for submissions that address the way that archives have adapted to changes. How did you assess your practices? What did you start, stop, create, or change over the last year. What was a success? As archives continue to adapt and react to social justice reforms, attacks on democracy, what are the takeaways?
Session, poster, and discussion proposal topics can address a broad array of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Longstanding institutional projects or collections in accordance with the “Archives in an Era of Change” theme
- Diversity, access, inclusion, and community archives
- Current and forward-moving tools for archival discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
- Outreach and instruction that employs creative or adapted methods, or addresses complex topics
- Transformative student, intern, and volunteer experiences and projects
- Unique collection development ventures
- Best practices and new methods for handling preservation, description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid collections
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café, and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and attendees. Please see the proposal form for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
- Session/Poster title and type
- Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
- Description of 150 words for the printed program
- Contact information for the primary presenter and any other participants
- A/V or technology requirements
- Any additional special needs
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, originality, diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal and presenters. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students, new professionals, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
Deadline: Please complete the proposal form by Friday, April 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
More meeting details will appear as they develop will be found here.
Call for Tour Guides: Virtual Archives Crawl @ 2021 Annual Meeting
The SOA Educational Programming Committee seeks members who are interested in leading a tour of their collections in our Virtual Archives Crawl to be held during the virtual Annual Meeting. We will be selecting four institutions to lead a 10-15 minute tour of their collections.
Highlight your treasures, give a tour of an exhibit, or just share a project that you are especially proud of! We would like to have a variety of collections, institution sizes, and types represented in the crawl. We hope that this event will be a fun and relaxed way for members to connect with each other during this year’s meeting.
To apply to lead a tour please send an abstract of no more than 300 words to Rachael Bussert, Cochair, Educational Programming Committee. Please include a description of your institution and collecting areas as well as a brief overview of what you would like to showcase on your tour. Deadline is Friday, April 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Annual Meeting Registration
- Annual Meeting Fee: FREE for all SOA members (if not currently a member you will have the opportunity to join SOA through the meeting registration form by choosing within the Registration Type menu.)
- Annual Meeting Registration Link: coming soon
Last Updated on April 11, 2021 by janet_carleton