SOA 2023 meetings: Annual Meeting | Joint Fall Meeting
Society of Ohio Archivists Annual Meeting 2023: Forward Together: Community Partnerships and Public Service
The Society of Ohio Archivists is planning for a hybrid annual meeting in 2023, on Thursday, May 11 (virtually) and Friday, May 12 (in person) at the Dayton Metro Library in Dayton, Ohio!
Society of Ohio Archivists 2023 Meeting Scholarships. Call for Applications due March 10. See details on the Scholarships page.
Call for Proposals
Deadline to submit proposals (updated): Friday, January 27, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
This year we welcome proposals that explore the theme of Forward Together as it relates to community partnerships and public service in support of a more inclusive and equitable society. The committee welcomes submissions relating directly to the theme, along with a broad array of other topics.
Proposals will be evaluated on interest, creativity, relevance, diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students, new professionals, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
To help support the selection process, the proposal abstract should include one or more of the following:
- Explanation of the proposal to this year’s theme.
- Relevance of the topic to the SOA community.
- Inclusion of diverse perspectives as a part of the session.
- How presenters will engage with participants.
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café, and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and attendees. Please see the proposal form for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
- Session / Discussion title and type
- Preference (if any) for an in-person or virtual session
- Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
- Description of 150 words for the program
- Contact information for the primary presenter and any other participants
- A/V or technology requirements
- Any additional special needs
Please submit the proposal form (updated) by Friday, January 27, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Dayton Metro Library, 215 E. Third St., Dayton, OH 45402.
Last Updated on February 6, 2023 by janet_carleton