ARCHIVES MONTH Poster Gallery | BLOG POSTS TAGGED Archives Month |
PAST ARCHIVES MONTHS 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 |
The theme for Ohio Archives Month 2021 is Ohio’s Wonderland: Unboxing The Great Outdoors
The 2021 theme is Ohio’s Wonderland: Unboxing The Great Outdoors. For those looking to get outside, or find inspiration from nature, Ohio’s outdoor spaces can be explored through archives all across the state. Whether it is swimming, hiking, enjoying a picnic, or other outdoor fun, the archives of Ohio allow a glimpse of all the outdoor wonder Ohio has to offer. You can experience the great outdoors without the sunburn or mosquitos! (Download the poster as 2MB PDF.)
This year, the Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach Committee would like to offer a few virtual opportunities in October to invite the public “in” to our archives.
We have set up four dates on Tuesday afternoons in October to allow Ohio archival repositories to sign up to give a brief virtual tour during a one-hour Zoom meeting. This is a chance to show off your place, your coolest things, whatever you’d like!
- The one-hour Zoom meetings are on Tuesdays. October 5th and 19th are at 12:15 pm, and October 12 and 26 are at 2:15pm.
- Each Tuesday time slot can have up to 6 archives providing a tour, giving 8-10 minutes per archive.
- (Multiple employees/representatives from an archive are welcome to attend the Zoom where your organization will be featured.)
- Sign up for your preferred date and tour time using the form here: https://cutt.ly/OhioArchiveTours.
- After signing up, you’ll receive the link for your date.
- We’ll share a graphic/flyer that can be shared with details of how the public can join each session.
- In addition, organizational representatives can join to watch and chat/ask questions on any of the other dates if they just want to see other archives!
This is a fun opportunity for us archivists too, not just the public! We hope you can join any of the days available!
Other ways to celebrate Archives Month
Hold an Event: If your archive site hasn’t made plans yet to do something to celebrate and acknowledge Archives Month, we encourage you to hold some sort of event (in person or virtual) to let people get to know your archives!
Let us know: If you already have something planned (like an open house, talk, etc.), please share the details so that we can publish a list of Ohio Archives Month activities around the state on the SOA website. You can send event details to Advocacy and Outreach Committee Cochair Natalie Fritz.
- More information about the history of Archives Month in Ohio.
- Download the official Archives Month Poster (2 MB PDF)
- View an exhibit of our past Archives Month Posters
- Visit the Society of American Archivists’ American Archives Month page for more resources
2021 Committee members
Haley Antell, Kent State University
George Bain, Ohio University Libraries, retired
Jenifer Baker, Warren County Records Center & Archives (cochair)
Connie Conner, Ohio History Connection
Melissa Dalton, Greene County Records Center and Archives
Natalie Fritz, Clark County Historical Society (cochair)
Ken Grossi, Oberlin College
Jacky Johnson, Miami University
Collette McDonough, Kettering Foundation
Laura E. Smith, Ohio University
Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by janet_carleton