SOA Election Results 2023
During the recent Annual Meeting at the Dayton Metro Library new council members were elected.
SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, President (2023-2024)
- Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University, Vice President/President-Elect (2023-2024)
- Shelby Beatty, Sinclair Community College, Secretary (2023-2025)
- Kristen Newby, Columbus Metropolitan Library, Council Member (2023-2025)
A big thanks to the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
- Melissa Dalton, Preserve It, LLC, transitions from Vice President/President-Elect to President. Thanks to Melissa for her continued leadership.
- Amy Rohmiller, Kettering Health Dayton, transitions from President to Past-President. Thanks to Amy for her work as President.
- Jen Johnson stepped down as Secretary in March 2023. Thank you to Jen for her work as Secretary. Shelby Beatty was appointed to complete Jen’s term from March – May 2023.
- Sasha Kim, Denison University, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Thanks to Sasha for her work on Council.
- Advocacy and Outreach Committee: Welcomes Jim McKinnon, University of Dayton, as co-chair
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee: Welcomes Nicole Sutton, Columbus Metropolitan Library & Penelope Shumaker, State Library as co-chairs
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Welcomes Jane Wildermuth, Wright State University, as co-chair
- Educational Planning Committee: Welcomes Sara Mouch, University of Toledo, as co-
- Membership & Awards Committee: Welcomes Helen Conger, Case Western Reserve University, as co-chair.
Thanks to outgoing co-chairs: Matt Francis & Adam Wanter (Educational Programming Committee); Devhra BennettJones (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee); Janet Carleton (Marketing and Communications Committee); and Stephanie Shreffler (Membership and Awards Committee).
Last Updated on July 7, 2023 by Emily Gainer