Amy Rohmiller, Vice President/President-Elect
For the second year in a row, the Society of Ohio Archivists held its normally scheduled election online May 14-28. The online election was again necessitated by current conditions and the lack of an in-person Annual Meeting (held June 7-8 virtually this year and free to membership).
Jen Johnson, Secretary
The results of the election are now in and officially recognized. SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Amy Rohmiller, University of Dayton, Vice President/President-Elect (2021-2022)
- Jen Johnson, State Library of Ohio, Secretary (2021-2023)
- Sasha Griffin, Denison University, Council (2021-2023)
Sasha Griffin, Council
A big thank you to Jenifer Baker and Marsha Miles for running, and the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
For more on the new officers and Council member, see the Candidate Statements in this 4-page extract from the Ohio Archivist, spring 2021.
- Sherri Goudy, Nerd Girl History Adventure, transitions from Vice President/President-Elect to President.
- Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library, transitions from President to Past-President.
- Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Council cannot heap enough praise on Robin for all that she has done and for her great leadership.
Committee Leadership Appointments and Departures
Another big thank you also goes out to outgoing, incoming, and reappointed committee leadership:
- Educational Planning Committee: Bill Modrow, Miami University, whose term as EPC cochair comes to an end with the 2021 Annual Conference. Welcome to incoming Cochair Anne Ryckbost, Xavier University, who is joining current Cochair Rachael Bussert, Dayton Metro Library.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Janet Carleton, Ohio University, has been reappointed for a second term as MCC cochair, joining current Cochair Amanda Rindler, Ohio History Connection.
- Membership and Awards Committee: Stephanie Shreffler, University of Dayton, has been reappointed for a second term as MAC cochair, joining current Cochair Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University.
- Nominating Committee: Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives, whose term comes to an end as the chair position resides with the Past President. Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library System assumes the role of chair.
- Ohio Archivist: Kayla Harris, University of Dayton, whose term as Editor-in-Chief comes to an end. Welcome to incoming Editor Abigail Sachs.
For more information see the Officer and Council Member roster, Committees & Task Forces page, and the Nominating Committee page.
It’s time to vote for Society of Ohio Archivists Leadership!
All current members of SOA should have received an email with a link to the ballot for officers and Council members today, May 14. The ballot will be available May 14-28. If you did not receive one, and you have checked your junk folder, please contact Matt Francis, cochair of the Membership & Awards Committee, to check on your membership status.
Please see the Candidate Statements in this 4-page extract from the Ohio Archivist, spring 2021.
2021 Slate of Candidates
- Vice President/President-elect: Amy Rohmiller
- Secretary: Jen Johnson
- Council (1 open seat): Jenifer Baker, Sasha Griffin, Marsha Miles
Thank you to the Nominating Committee for their work.
Have you been thinking about getting involved with SOA leadership? If your answer is yes, this is your opportunity!
The SOA Nominating Committee would like to announce a call for nominations for one open SOA Council position and the SOA President-Elect/Vice President.
Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged, as are peer nominations. All positions are for two-year terms of office and will begin at the Spring Meeting in May.
Candidates must be current SOA members in good standing and be willing and able to attend regular Council meetings and business activities (both in-person and virtually).
Due to COVID-19, the election this year will be held virtually. Candidates will provide a bio and write a response to a question to be printed in the Ohio Archivist prior to the election.
More details about responsibilities and terms can be located in the SOA bylaws. See also the current leadership roster.
I would also be happy to answer any questions about the positions. Please respond to me with any nominations by Friday, January 08, 2021.
SOA Nominating Committee Chair Robin Heise.
The Society of Ohio Archivists held its normally scheduled election online for the first time ever, over the period of May 6-22. This election moved online due to the global pandemic and cancellation of the in-person Annual Meeting (usually held in mid-May), during which members voted.
With the results now in and officially recognized, SOA welcomes its new leaders:
- Melissa Dalton, Greene County Records Center & Archives, as Council member;
- Sherri Goudy, Nerd Girl History Adventure, as Vice-President/President Elect;
- Lisa Rickey, Wright State University Libraries, as Treasurer.
Council would like to thank Cate Putirskis, The Ohio State University, outgoing Council member; and Mark Bloom, University of Akron, outgoing Treasurer; for all that they have done for SOA. Council also thanks the members who voted, and the Nominating Committee.
For more information see the Officer and Council Member roster and the Nominating Committee page.
The Society of Ohio Archivists Nominating Committee would like to announce a call for nominations for 3 positions: one open Council position and the President-Elect/Vice President and Treasurer positions. Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged, as are peer nominations. All positions are for two year terms of office. Continue reading
The SOA Nominating Committee would like to announce a call for nominations for the following open SOA Council positions: President, Vice-President, Secretary, and two Council positions. Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged, as are peer nominations. All positions are for two year terms of office.
Candidates must be current SOA members in good standing and be willing and able to attend regular council meetings and business activities (both in-person and virtually).
The election will be held during the SOA Annual Business Meeting held during the SOA Spring Meeting on Friday, May 17, 2019 at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn Hotel. Candidates will be required to write a response to a question to be printed in the Ohio Archivist prior to the election.
More details about responsibilities and terms can be located in the SOA bylaws.
Please send any questions to Jillian Ramage at email@example.com, and make sure to submit your nominations to Jillian by Friday, January 4, 2019.
Although the SOA Annual meeting is over, we have a couple of new bits of information to share below:
The newest council members and treasurer have been announced!
- Cate Putirskis – Special Collections Processing Manager, Ohio State University Libraries
- Sherri Goudy – Ohio History Service Corps Member, Logan County History Center/Ohio History Connection
- Mark Bloom – Archives Associate, Senior, The University of Akron
We also have the new list of Council Liaisons (check the various committee pages for updates soon)
Congratulations to incoming SOA Council members Andrew Harris and Suzanne Maggard and to re-elected SOA Treasurer Emily Gainer! Thank you to all of the candidates for their willingness to serve on the SOA Council.
This year’s SOA election will be held May 16, 2014 during the business meeting at the SOA Annual Conference. At this time, the SOA Treasurer and 2 Council members will be elected. The candidates are:
For Council (2 Seats):
For the candidates’ statements, see the SOA Spring 2014 newsletter or click here. For information about how to register for the SOA Annual Conference, see the Annual Conference page.