The SOA Nominating Committee would like to announce a call for nominations for
- Vice President/President Elect,
- Treasurer, and
- Member of Council.
Self-nominations are welcomed and encouraged, as are peer nominations. We welcome and encourage nominations of new professionals and/or those seeking to be involved in a professional organization for the first time. All positions are for two year terms of office, with the exception of the VP/President/Past President cycle which is one year in each position (3 year commitment total).
If elected, you must be a current SOA member in good standing by the time your term starts and be willing and able to attend monthly council meetings and business activities (virtually or in-person).
The election will be held during the SOA Annual Business Meeting held during the SOA Spring Meeting on May 17, 2024. Candidates will be required to write a response to a question to be printed in the Ohio Archivist prior to the election.
SOA is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization and within the archival profession. In 2023, SOA stood up a permanent Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee dedicated to this work. The work of this committee is the work of SOA. Current charges are to:
- Identify and develop sustainable ways to incorporate JEDAI into the work of SOA Council and its committees.
- Identify and develop ways SOA can make use of its platform(s) to responsibly give voice to historically underrepresented communities.
- Identify and share resources to educate Council and membership on JEDAI – with an emphasis on applications to archival and information work.
- Identify and develop ways to continually engage the membership about the JEDAI Committee
More details about responsibilities and terms can be located in the SOA bylaws.
I would also be happy to answer any questions about the positions. Please respond to me with any nominations by Friday, January 12, 2024.
Past-President and Chair, Nominating Committee,
Society of Ohio Archivists
Last Updated on November 20, 2023 by Emily Gainer