The Society of Ohio Archivists is pleased to announce five scholarships available to students (2 awards), and new archival professionals (2 awards) with three years or less experience in the workplace. The final scholarship category, the Ohio Preservation Council Student/New Professional Scholarship, is available to either students or new professionals.
The awards will be presented at the SOA Annual Meeting business meeting which will be held on Day 2 of this year’s hybrid meeting, Friday, May 12, 2023, at the Dayton Metro Library in Dayton. (Day 1, Thursday, May 11, will be virtual). Applications are due by March 10, 2023.
The scholarship consists of registration to the SOA annual meeting (including lunch on Day 2), a one-year SOA membership, and a $100 travel stipend. Awardees are required to submit a photograph and write about their experience for publication in the Ohio Archivist newsletter.
How to Apply: Applications should include the following information:
- Applicant’s name, mailing address, and email address.
- Students should list their school’s name and academic program;
- New professionals should list their employer and number of years working within the field;
- Description about how the meeting will benefit the applicant professionally;
- Brief description of the applicant’s scholarship and contribution to archives. This will be taken into consideration along with the applicant’s number of years in the field or academic study;
- Statement of the applicant’s need for financial support to attend the conference;
- Details: Scholarship page.
Applications and inquiries can be emailed to Membership & Awards Committee Cochair Stephanie Shreffler.
Last Updated on March 17, 2023 by janet_carleton