For the second year in a row, the Society of Ohio Archivists held its normally scheduled election online May 14-28. The online election was again necessitated by current conditions and the lack of an in-person Annual Meeting (held June 7-8 virtually this year and free to membership).
The results of the election are now in and officially recognized. SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Amy Rohmiller, University of Dayton, Vice President/President-Elect (2021-2022)
- Jen Johnson, State Library of Ohio, Secretary (2021-2023)
- Sasha Griffin, Denison University, Council (2021-2023)
A big thank you to Jenifer Baker and Marsha Miles for running, and the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
- Sherri Goudy, Nerd Girl History Adventure, transitions from Vice President/President-Elect to President.
- Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library, transitions from President to Past-President.
- Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Council cannot heap enough praise on Robin for all that she has done and for her great leadership.
Committee Leadership Appointments and Departures
Another big thank you also goes out to outgoing, incoming, and reappointed committee leadership:
- Educational Planning Committee: Bill Modrow, Miami University, whose term as EPC cochair comes to an end with the 2021 Annual Conference. Welcome to incoming Cochair Anne Ryckbost, Xavier University, who is joining current Cochair Rachael Bussert, Dayton Metro Library.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Janet Carleton, Ohio University, has been reappointed for a second term as MCC cochair, joining current Cochair Amanda Rindler, Ohio History Connection.
- Membership and Awards Committee: Stephanie Shreffler, University of Dayton, has been reappointed for a second term as MAC cochair, joining current Cochair Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University.
- Nominating Committee: Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives, whose term comes to an end as the chair position resides with the Past President. Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library System assumes the role of chair.
- Ohio Archivist: Kayla Harris, University of Dayton, whose term as Editor-in-Chief comes to an end. Welcome to incoming Editor Abigail Sachs.
Last Updated on June 10, 2021 by janet_carleton