SCOPE OF INTERNSHIP
- $15/hour for up to 300 hours. Biweekly pay schedule.
- Flexible work schedule.
- All work will be onsite at 4960 Salem Ave. in Dayton, Ohio
SCOPE OF INTERNSHIP
Library & Archives Internship
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s Library & Archives offers opportunities for intern experiences to graduate students preparing for careers in libraries and archives. Interns will work closely with one of the Rock Hall’s librarians or archivists to develop professional level skills that will prepare them for the workforce.
There are three internship projects currently offered:
An intern must currently be enrolled in a relevant graduate school program and completed coursework related to archives, library and information science, public history, music history, history, museum studies, or the equivalent. A maximum of 20 hours a week can be worked during the academic year for at least 8 weeks. Summer interns can work up to a 40-hour week. Interns are eligible for a stipend.
– Basic understanding of archival arrangement and description, collection development, or MARC cataloging as appropriate
– Skilled with computers and databases
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
– Historical knowledge of rock and roll and related music genres strongly preferred
– Prepare a cover letter and resume.
– Prepare a one-page summary describing what you hope to bring to the internship and what you hope to gain during the internship
– Include a letter of reference/recommendation from a professor in your field. Letters may be sent separately to Sean Hislop at firstname.lastname@example.org if necessary.
– You must submit a resume, cover letter, one-page summary, and letter of recommendation, otherwise your application will not be considered, to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=80a47eb5-22ff-4341-8868-724e4ba37887&jobId=16832&lang=en_US&source=CC10&ccId=19000101_000001
*Library & Archives internships are located in the Gill and Tommy LiPuma Center for Creative Arts on the Cuyahoga Community College Metro campus at 2809 Woodland Ave, Cleveland, OH 44115.