This year for the annual Society of Ohio Archivists’ October Ohio Archives Month poster we are looking for archival image submissions having to do with transportation in Ohio.
Transportation has been important to Ohio since our founding. So, if your institution has images that you think are interesting and that have an interesting back story, please send them to us for a chance to be on the poster this year.
We are of course expecting the photos of planes, trains, and automobiles, but we hope you also send in all sorts of modes of transit such as canal boats, electric street cars, motorcycles, sternwheelers, horses pulling carts, or blimps. You might also want to submit images of a local car factory, or patent drawing for an invention that involves transportation. We hope to get submissions from all over the state!
How to submit:
- Institutions or individuals, send your images to the committee at [email protected] by Monday, April 3, 2023.
- Maximum of 3 images per institution.
- Entrants do not need to be SOA members to submit images.
- Image resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi; higher quality is encouraged.
- Include a description of the image that explains its importance AND a brief one sentence caption that can be used on the poster if the image is selected.
SOA members will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite entry between April 7 and April 28, 2023.
If you know organizations with archival materials that would fit well with this year’s theme, please share this info with them!
We look forward to your participation!
Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach Committee
Questions? Contact the committee at [email protected].
Last Updated on April 27, 2023 by janet_carleton