The Society of Ohio Archivists (SOA) is pleased to announce four scholarships available to students (2 awards total in this category) and new archival professionals (2 awards total in this category) with three years or less experience in the workplace to attend their annual spring conference on May 16, 2014 at the OCLC Conference Center in Dublin, Ohio.
The scholarship consists of conference registration (including lunch), a one year membership to SOA, and a $100 travel stipend. Awardees are required to write about their experience for publication in the Ohio Archivist newsletter.
Applications should include the following information:
- Applicant’s name, mailing address, and e-mail address.
- Students should list their school’s name and academic program;
- New professionals should list their employer and number of years working within the field;
- Description about how the conference will benefit the applicant professionally;
- Brief description of the applicant’s scholarship and contribution to archives. This will be taken into consideration along with the applicant’s number of years in the field or academic study;
- Statement of the applicant’s need for financial support to attend the conference;
Applications are due by March 28, 2014.
Applications and inquiries can be sent via e-mail or mail to Devhra BennettJones. Email: [email protected] Address: Lloyd Library, 917 Plum Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.
Last Updated on July 19, 2020 by janet_carleton