The Society of Ohio Archivists is accepting proposals from students and professionals for a poster session during the 2014 SOA Spring Conference at the OCLC Conference Center in Dublin, Ohio on May 16, 2014. Posters will be displayed throughout the conference with a specified time for presenters to discuss their project and answer questions.
Individual posters may describe applied or theoretical research that is completed or underway; discuss interesting collections with which presenters have worked; or report on archives and records projects in which presenters have participated (e.g., development of finding aids, public outreach, database construction, etc.). Submissions should focus on research or activities conducted recently.
Eligibility for Submitting a Poster Presentation Proposal
Individuals working in a position as archivist, librarian, or historian where they are significantly involved in arrangement and description, reference services, digitization or other technology-based projects, preservation/conservation of paper or electronic material, etc.
Students currently attending or recent graduates, within the past year, of an undergraduate or graduate program that includes a concentration in Archival Studies, Library Science, Public History, or another field closely related to archival work.
The work of joint authors is also acceptable – such as student groups, student chapters, or groups of professional colleagues. One person should coordinate the submission of each group proposal.
Submission Format and Deadline
Proposals must be received no later than January 17, 2014 and must include the following information:
* Proposer’s Name and Contact Information (email address, postal address, and phone number)
* Proposer’s Institutional Affiliation (College/University for students, Employer for professionals)
* Proposer’s position title, if applicable
* Degree program, if applicable
* Title of Poster Presentation
* Type of Proposal (Individual Poster or Group Poster)
* Poster Abstract (200 words or less)
* A short description of how your poster content will be useful or of interest to SOA attendees
* Affirmation of Attendance (a sentence indicating your commitment to attend 2014 SOA Spring Meeting 2014 and present your poster in person if selected)
*For group posters, please include the name and contact information for any co-presenters
Submit your proposal to Stephanie Bricking at [email protected].
Each person submitting a proposal will receive an email confirmation that their proposal was received. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please contact the coordinators of the SOA poster session listed below.