This year for the annual Society of Ohio Archivists’ October Archives Month poster we are looking for archival image submissions having to do with nature, outdoor recreation, and outdoor tourism in Ohio, due by April 2. Scroll down for all the details!
For the past year, many have been cooped up indoors and apart from others more than ever before, but the outdoors have always offered an escape! With this in mind, we decided to highlight Ohio’s outdoor spaces in this year’s Archives Month poster.
Does your archive have great images of local parks? People hiking? Picnicking? Enjoying the great outdoors? Ohio is filled with local, state, and federal parks to enjoy, outdoor attractions, and more. Do you have people represented in your archives instrumental to parks development? All of these are examples for wonderful submissions!
How to submit:
- Send your images to Connie Conner at [email protected] by Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Maximum of 3 images per institution.
- Entrants do not need to be SOA members to submit images.
- Image resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi; higher quality is encouraged.
- Include a description of the image that explains its importance AND a brief one sentence caption that can be used on the poster if the image is selected.
SOA members will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite entry between Monday, April 12-Friday, April 30, 2021.
If you know of organizations with archival materials that would fit well with this year’s theme, please share this info with them!
See more about SOA’s Archives Month celebrations and past posters.
We look forward to your participation!
Society of Ohio Archivists Advocacy and Outreach
Archives Month Poster Committee
Questions? Contact the Advocacy and Outreach Committee Cochairs Natalie Fritz and Jenifer Baker.
Last Updated on April 26, 2021 by janet_carleton