The Society of Ohio Archivists is pleased to announce four scholarships available to students (2 awards), and new archival professionals (2 awards) with three years or less experience in the workplace. The award will be presented at the SOA Annual Meeting, which will be held in person on May 20, 2022 in Columbus. Applications are due by April 8, 2022.
The scholarship consists of registration to the SOA annual meeting (including lunch), a one-year SOA membership, and a $100 travel stipend. Awardees are required to submit a photograph and write about their experience for publication in the Ohio Archivist newsletter.
How to Apply: Applications should include the following information:
- Applicant’s name, mailing address, and email address.
- Students should list their school’s name and academic program;
- New professionals should list their employer and number of years working within the field;
- Description about how the meeting will benefit the applicant professionally;
- Brief description of the applicant’s scholarship and contribution to archives. This will be taken into consideration along with the applicant’s number of years in the field or academic study;
- Statement of the applicant’s need for financial support to attend the conference;
- Details: Scholarship page.
Applications and inquiries can be sent via email or mail to Membership & Awards Committee Cochair Stephanie Shreffler, Roesch Library RM 304A, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469-1360. Due April 8, 2022.
Last Updated on April 13, 2022 by janet_carleton