For the third year in a row, the Society of Ohio Archivists held its normally scheduled election online. Results were announced at the Annual Meeting on May 20.
SOA would like to welcome the following new leaders:
- Amy Rohmiller, University of Dayton, President (2022-2023)
- Melissa Dalton, Greene County Records Center & Archives, Vice President/President-Elect (2022-2023)
- Brittany Hayes, The University of Akron, Treasurer (2022-2024)
- Sule Holder, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum – Library & Archives, Council (2022-2024)
A big thank you to Rachael Bussert and Matt Francis for running, and the Nominating Committee. Also, thank you to everyone who participated!
For more on the new officers and Council member, see the Candidate Statements beginning on page 5 in the Ohio Archivist, spring 2022.
- Melissa Dalton, Greene County Records Center & Archives, transitions from Council Member to Vice President/President-Elect.
- Sherri Goudy, Nerd Girl History Adventure, transitions from President to Past-President.
- Lisa Rickey, Wright State University, transitions out of SOA Leadership. Thanks to Lisa for her work as treasurer.
- Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library System, transitions from Past President. Thank you to Adam for his leadership!
Committee Leadership Appointments and Departures
Another big thank you also goes out to outgoing, incoming, and reappointed committee leadership:
- Advocacy and Outreach Committee: Welcome to Collette McDonough, Kettering Foundation as cochair. Natalie Fritz, Clark County Historical Society and Jenifer Baker, Warren County Records Center & Archives ended their cochair terms.
- Educational Planning Committee: Welcome to incoming Cochairs Katie Jarrell, University of Dayton (2022-2024) and Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library System (2022-2023). Thank you to Anne Ryckbost, Xavier University and Rachael Bussert, Dayton Metro Library, who cycled off as cochairs.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Emily Gainer, Cummings Center for the History of Psychology (2022-2024) joins current Cochair Janet Carleton, Ohio University (2021-2023).
- Membership and Awards Committee: Jennifer Long Morehart, Bowling Green State University (2022-2024) joins current Cochair Stephanie Shreffler, University of Dayton (2021-2023). Matt Francis, Ohio Northern University, term as cochair ended.
- Nominating Committee: Adam Wanter, MidPointe Library System, whose term comes to an end, as the chair position resides with the Past President. Sherri Goudy, Nerd Girl History Adventure assumes the role of chair.
- Ohio Archivist: Jessica Heys, Kettering Foundation, was appointed editor of Ohio Archivist (2022-2023).
For more information see the Officer and Council Member roster, Committees & Task Forces page, and the Nominating Committee page.
Last Updated on August 2, 2022 by janet_carleton