Dear SOA members: Thank you for supporting the Society of Ohio Archivists during the past year. Your dedication enables SOA to provide community and opportunities for archivists and aspiring archivists.
Highlights from the past year include:
- Providing professional development events through the SOA Spring Annual Meeting, the joint OLHA/SOA Fall meeting, and the Fall Virtual Workshop
- Hosting “Crucial Conversations: Recognizing and Overcoming Racial Injustice and Bias” and supporting the ongoing work of SOA’s Social Justice and Black Lives Matter Task Force
- Recognizing students, archivists, and organizations through awards and honors
- Designing and distributing the Archives Month poster, “Ohio’s Healthcare Workers”
- Publishing the Ohio Archivist newsletter
- Fostering community and communication through the SOA blog, listserv, and social media
The Membership & Awards Committee invites you to renew your SOA membership or join as a new member through the secure site online provided by the Ohio History Connection’s Ohio History Store, or by mailing in the invoice.
In late 2022, SOA members voted to raise membership dues—the first time membership dues have increased since 1996. Please find the new membership dues structure, effective 2023, on the SOA Membership page and on the invoice.
We realize that increasing membership costs and decreasing professional development funds may make joining or renewing SOA membership a challenge. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions or interest in the SOA’s hardship membership program for those experiencing uncertainty.
Thank you again for your support, and we are glad to help with any questions.
Last Updated on April 14, 2023 by janet_carleton