Registration Now Open: Join us at the 2019 Joint Meeting: Local History is American History!
October 4-5, 2019 – Crowne Plaza Columbus-Dublin, Dublin, Ohio
This is the Ohio Local History Alliance’s annual meeting with the addition of a SOA track on Friday (day 1), serving as SOA’s fall conference. Come for SOA’s sessions or come for the entire conference!
Registration: Member (SOA/OLHA) $85; Nonmember $105; Student -40%. Also single day rates and preconference workshop available. Preregister online by September 20.
Program: For more information on the full program see http://www.ohiolha.org/what-we-do/alliance-annual-meeting/ or download the program brochure.
SOA TRACK – Friday Oct 4
- 9-9:50am – Where Were You the Last 200 Years? Building a Diverse and Inclusive Repository for Underrepresented Communities. Gino Pasi & Lori Harris, University of Cincinnati
- 10:10-11:00am – Locating Local Manumission Records: Antebellum Ohio, the Journey North. Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives; Amy Brickey, History Works, Inc.
- 11:20-12:10pm – Moving Archives: Experiences from Two Repositories. Christine Schmid Engels, Scott Gampfer, & Annie Kling, Cincinnati Museum Center; William Modrow, Miami University
- 2:00-2:50pm – Navigating Complex Issues in Modern Archival Collections: Privacy and Copyright. Virginia Dressler and Cindy Kristof, Kent State University
- 3:10-4:00pm – Ask a Records Manager. Robin Heise, Greene County Records Center and Archives; Nathan Owens, Office of Ohio Attorney General; Tina Ratcliff, Montgomery County Records Center & Archives; Pari Swift, The Ohio State University
Questions? Contact Stephanie Bricking, Educational Programing chair at Stephanie.Bricking@cincinnatilibrary.org.
Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by janet_carleton