The Society of Ohio Archivists’ 2021 Annual Meeting will be meeting virtually this June 7-8 thanks to technical support from the Ohio History Connection. This year we welcome proposals that explore the theme, “Archives in an Era of Change.”
We are asking for submissions that address the way that archives have adapted to changes. How did you assess your practices? What did you start, stop, create, or change over the last year. What was a success? As archives continue to adapt and react to social justice reforms, attacks on democracy, what are the takeaways?
Session, poster, and discussion proposal topics can address a broad array of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Longstanding institutional projects or collections in accordance with the “Archives in an Era of Change” theme
- Diversity, access, inclusion, and community archives
- Current and forward-moving tools for archival discovery, maintenance, and/or marketing
- Outreach and instruction that employs creative or adapted methods, or addresses complex topics
- Transformative student, intern, and volunteer experiences and projects
- Unique collection development ventures
- Best practices and new methods for handling preservation, description, and access to analog, born-digital, or hybrid collections
The Program Committee encourages proposals of panel sessions, student and professional posters, as well as alternative formats such as a debate, fish bowl, lightning, mini-workshop, pecha kucha, world café, and other session formats that encourage interaction between presenters and attendees. Please see the proposal form for more detailed information about alternative sessions.
Proposals must include:
- Session/Poster title and type
- Abstract of 250 words describing the session/poster and how it will be of interest to SOA attendees
- Description of 150 words for the printed program
- Contact information for the primary presenter and any other participants
- A/V or technology requirements
- Any additional special needs
Proposals will be evaluated on clarity, originality, diversity of content and speaker representation, and completeness of proposal and presenters. The Program Committee also encourages proposals from students, new professionals, first-time presenters and attendees, individuals from related professions, as well as those from outside the state of Ohio.
Deadline: Please complete the proposal form by Friday, April 16, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Last Updated on March 23, 2021 by janet_carleton