Renew Your Society of Ohio Archivists Membership!
Dear SOA members,
Thank you for supporting the Society of Ohio Archivists during the past year. Your dedication enables SOA to provide community, networking opportunities, professional development, funding, and advocacy efforts for archivists and aspiring archivists. Highlights from the past year include:
- Providing professional development events through the SOA’s first hybrid Spring Annual Meeting and the joint SOA/OLHA Fall meeting
- Commitment to the work of the Justice, Equity, Diversity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (JEDAI) Committee, which transitioned to a committee from the Social Justice and Black Lives Matter Task Force in 2023
- Recognizing students, archivists, and organizations through awards and honors
- Collaborating with the Ohio Local History Alliance, Ohio Preservation Council, Ohio History Connection, and others to provide professional development, scholarships, and awards
- Coordinating the creation of the Archives Month poster, “Land, Water, & Air: Transportation in Ohio” and the SOA’s Archives Month Poster Reveal event
- Publishing the Ohio Archivist newsletter
- Creating community and fostering communication about cultural heritage activities, internships, funding opportunities, and advocacy efforts through the SOA blog, listserv, and social media
The Membership & Awards Committee invites you to renew your SOA membership or join as a new member in 2024. Membership may be renewed through the secure site online provided by the Ohio History Connection’s Ohio History Store or by mailing the invoice with check or money order. The SOA continues its hardship membership program for those experiencing uncertainty. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with questions or interest in the program.
Thank you again for your support, and we are glad to help with any questions.
Last Updated on February 22, 2024 by Emily Gainer