Get ready for #AskAnArchivist Day on Wednesday, October 3, when archivists around the country will answer questions about archives. Find ideas for promoting the day among your users and developing a plan with your colleagues to respond to tweets. Follow other #AskAnArchivist Day participants, and email Abigail Christian with your institution’s handle to join the list.
Source: Society of American Archivists, In the Loop for Wednesday, September 12, 2018
What Is #AskAnArchivist Day? (Source: https://www2.archivists.org/initiatives/askanarchivist-day )
It’s an opportunity to:
- Break down the barriers that make archivists seem inaccessible.
- Talk directly to the public—via Twitter—about what you do, why it’s important and, of course, the interesting records with which you work.
- Join with archivists around the country and the world to make an impact on the public’s understanding of archives while celebrating American Archives Month!
- Interact with users, supporters, and prospective supporters about the value of archives.
- Hear directly from the public about what they’re most interested in learning about from archives and archivists.
Last Updated on June 24, 2022 by janet_carleton