OLHA/SOA Fall Meeting, October 7-8, 2016
The Society of Ohio Archivists is partnering with the Ohio Local History Alliance for Connecting Communities. This conference will be held on October 7-8, 2016, at the Crown Plaza hotel in Dublin, Ohio.
The SOA track will take place on Friday October 7th and will feature the following sessions:
• 9:00-9:50: Bringing History Home: Using Local Government Records in the Classroom with Elise Kelly, Greene County Records Center & Archives
• 10:10-11:00: A Private Matter: Dealing with Privacy-Sensitive Materials in the Archives with Judith Wiener, Health Sciences Library, The Ohio State University and Emily Gainer, Cummings Center for the History of Psychology
• 11:20-12:10: Preserving & Digitizing the Kent Tribune Newspaper with Jenni Salamon, Ohio History Connection and Sandy Halem, Kent Historical Society
• 2:10-3:00: Thinking Outside the Hollinger Box: Creative Ways to Promote Your Archives with Natalie Fritz, Clark County Historical Society; Kevlin Haire, The Ohio State University; Elise Kelly, Greene County Records Center and Archives; and Karen Robertson, Ohio History Connection
• 3:20 -4:10: Perspectives on Archival Processing with Connie Conner, Ohio History Connection; Cara Gilgenbach, Kent State University Libraries; Abigail E. Miller, Kenyon College; and Rhonda Rinehart, Cummings Center for the History of Psychology
Attendees are welcome to attend any of the Local History Alliance sessions, luncheons, and other special events on both Friday and Saturday.
To view the conference program and to register, see conference web page at: http://www.ohiohistorystore.com/events/olha_annual_meeting_2016.aspx or download the registration form: http://www.ohiolha.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2016-OLHA-Brochure-ONLINE.pdf.
Interested in attending an upcoming workshop or to learn more about upcoming SOA educational opportunities? Contact the Education Committee Chair.
Last Updated on December 6, 2022 by janet_carleton